Sunday 20 November 2011

Festival Time


I seem to be here, there and everywhere at the moment. Yesterday was truly enjoyable:  I visited a pleasant library with accompanying museum in Buckley, North Wales, and next week-end I’ll be up in the North East.

I’ve been invited to participate in the Newcastle Winter Book Festival, and next Saturday I shall be involved in two events. Both are to be held at a fabulous venue, the Lit and Phil, an amazing and atmospheric library which I last visited nearly three years back. In the afternoon I’ll be giving a talk on Agatha Christie and Golden Age detective fiction, and in the evening, there will be the premiere of a brand new interactive murder mystery event that I’ve just written.

But there’s much, much more to the Festival than my two events. The programme is packed and impressive and I’m gratified to be part of it. As well as my Murder Squad mates Chaz Brenchley and Ann Cleeves, events will feature the likes of M.C. Beaton, Allan Massie and Tam Dalyell. 

This is the first year of the Festival and I hope it gets plenty of support so that it grows  and grows in the years ahead. If you are in that part of the world, do check it out.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin - Oh, the festival sounds terrific! I like Newcastle very much, and Northumbria has some beautiful, beautiful spots. I hope the festival goes really well for you!

Dorte H said...

I wish...!

But I am sure you will come back home with some excellent blog posts for us.

We can watch Vera Stanhope on Danish TV already, and I hope the series will open more readers´ eyes to her Shetland quartet which has been translated into Danish.