Thursday 31 December 2009

New Year's Eve Thoughts










New Year's Eve is often a time for reflection. Plenty of good things have happened in the past twelve months, as well as, inevitably, some not so good. Here is a random selection of photos of a few of the moments I am delighted to remember from the past year.

This is also a time for listing the year’s highlights. I’ve been delighted by the reception accorded to Dancing for the Hangman, and Marshal Zeringue kindly featured it in his fascinating page 69 feature recently.

Looking ahead, publication of The Serpent Pool is not too far away, and I’m gratified by an extremely positive review from Kerrie, whose Mysteries in Paradise blog is a must-read for crime fans. I dropped her an email to thank her, and she invited me to list my ten favourite crime novels read in 2009. I’ve done just that here, and added my favourite non-fiction crime book as well, for good measure….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for your well-deserved success this year, Martin. All the best to you and yours in 2010!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

It looks like it was a happy year, Martin. Hope 2010 is another delightful one for you...

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

seana graham said...

Nice positive recap of the year behind us, Martin. Congratulations on your writerly successes these past twelve months. Hope 2010 will bring a few more!

Jilly said...

Happy New Year - looking forward to reading 'The Serpent Pool' in February.

Nan said...

I got my husband the 'Hangman' book for Christmas. He can't wait to read it!

Martin Edwards said...

Margot, Elizabeth, Seana, Jilly and Nan - may I reciprocate your good wishes and hope you all have a great year to come.
Nan, I hope your husband likes the book!