Sunday 18 January 2009

Flambard News

My Murder Squad colleague John Baker wrote a number of warmly reviewed crime novels in the 90s, but in recent years he has become well-known as a leading blogger. I'm glad to say, though, that he's returned to novel-writing, and his new book, Winged with Death, is due to be published in March. More about this in due course.

John's book is published by Flambard Press, as is my latest, Dancing for the Hangman. Flambard have an interesting and eclectic list; they publish poetry, but also, on occasion, such prominent names in the crime fiction world as Val McDermid and H.R.F. Keating, and they are great to work with. I'm glad to say, too, that they have just let me know that Dancing for the Hangman is going into a reprint. Good news, which I find rather encouraging.

4 comments:

Ali Karim said...

Great news to see John back on the page - and also to see a 2nd run of Dancing with the Hangman

Cool news, and the Flambard gang are great folk

Ali

Martin Edwards said...

They certainly are good publishers, with a very varied list. As for John, I've been looking forward to his new book for ages. Not long to wait now.

Anonymous said...

Don't hold your breath. Flambard's usual printer has just gone into receivership.
Other printers are still weathering the storm, however, so all is not lost.
But there might be a delay in publication.

Martin Edwards said...

Aaaagh!! Keep me posted.